Ahhhhhhhhh! What an incredible trip to Big Sur and Big Bear, California 🙂 I am having so much fun reliving all these wonderful memories as I put this blog post together! We traveled with a group of 8 of us adults, 3 kids, and 4 dogs 🙂 Traveling especially with my husband and good friends sparks so much joy in my life. I love the excitement of planning a trip (Big thank you to Jen for putting this together last minute when our Yosemite Trip was Cancelled!), the thrill of traveling somewhere new, the adventure of exploring, finding hidden gems, and just being outside especially in the mountains!
“If life gives you a mountain, put on your boots and hike” <3
Fun places we explored on our trip and highly recommend:
BIG SUR, CA
- Morro Bay
- Big Sur Campground (Not after rain, haha our campground was flooded!)
- There is an incredible river that flows through the campground and during the summer you can tube down the river!
- Pfeiffer Beach
- The sand is purple!!!!!!!! So Crazy
- And you have to hang out and enjoy watching the waves crash through the keyhole arch
- Big Sur Taphouse
- They have a yummy Cranberry Cider!
- McWay Falls
- This is a huge tourist attraction there is some parking just north of the main lot. The parking was closed when we went.
- Carmel Beach
- Pebble Beach Golf Course
- Bucket List for my husband!!!! Make sure to do the 17-mile drive, so beautiful <3
- Bixby Creek Bridge
BIG BEAR, CA
- Here is a link to the cabin we stayed in 🙂 https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/4377932?guests=1&adults=1
- We loved the privacy, how quiet the neighborhood is, and the jacuzzi!
- Barrel 33
- With wine tasting, you get to take a Wine Glass home
- Big Bear Zoo
- The Village
- Has wonderful shops and restaurants!
- Take a Drive around the lake!
- Woodland Trail
I hope you enjoy the photos as much as we did enjoy this trip! XOXO Paige
P.S. Thank you to Erica Schneider for taking some of our pictures throughout the trip! Love ya XOXO